This year is a new and challenging course which will commences at 7am from Dataran DBI and there after taking riders through Ipoh city to Kellie’s castle - Kg. Bali - Sri Iskandar- Parit – Senggang – Manong – Parit and back to Ipoh. The event will take the average rider approximately 5-61/2 hours to complete.
This year’s event expects approximately 800-1,000 riders from all over the region.
The Century Ride Malaysia (CRM) is a one day cycling event for road bikes. It presents a unique opportunity to road cyclist from around the region to participate in what is commonly known as the Marathon of Cycling - 100 miles in the company of friends and strangers, united by the joy of cycling.
The non-competitive event caters to cyclist of all levels of aptitude from the beginner who is out for the challenge of completing their first ever 100 miles (160km) to the seasoned cyclist simply out there to push himself against the clock.
The event was conceived in 2007 where it first drew around 320 participants. The 2010 edition saw a field of 650 cyclists from all over the region participating in the event.
CRM serves as a means of creating awareness in the community about cycling and also to encourage and develop grass-roots events for all Malaysians.
This year event will be themed THE RIGHT TO RIDE, in the hope to create further awareness to motorist about cyclist.
POSITION OF THE CRM 2011
CRM has reached the position today where it is regarded as the premier cycling event (for the masses) in the region.
It is widely regarded as a 6 star event for the simple reason:-
1. Does not compromise on safety of the participants - there are over 100 police out-riders and personnel marshaling the course, a minimum of 4 Emergency Medical Response Units on the course to ensure participants receive the fastest possible medical care in the event of an accident.
2. Adequate feeding & water stations at 40km apart along the course and post-event lunch
3. Participants have a positive feeling along the course with beautiful scenery of Perak and also water sprinkling stations supplied by the Fire Department
4. Vehicle support and minor repairs to bicycles along the course
5. Trophies for the top participants in each category
6. Finishing medals to all participants
7. 200 volunteers managing the water stations, registration day counters, goodies bag distribution, course Marshall's and vehicle support and sweeper vehicles.
8. Quality event t-shirt/jersey and goodies bag
9. Professional camera and video recording for the event.
Please visit our web www.centuryridemalaysia.blogspot.com for further information on the event and accommodation details.
We look forward to welcoming you to this year’s event.
The KRI Cycling Team Organizing Committee.
DATE : 17 JULY 2011
TIME : 7.00AMVENUE : DATARAN IPOH
REGISTRATION FEES : RM 100.00
EMAIL : email@example.com
Tel : 012 5162687 016 5421740 012 5088848